National Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS) Project Office
Technical Papers and Information Sheets
Audio Interviews and Podcasts
SCIENCE STUDIO: Unmanned Aircraft Systems (Drones), interview with (USGS) Jeff Sloan - KTEP NPR , November 2015
Mike Hutt - U.S. Geological Survey To Use Drones To Monitor Wildlife, Nevada Public Radio Interview, June 2013 .mp3
USGS In The News at Monte Vista National Wildlife Refuge. Using military technology to track Sandhill Cranes, CBS News Denver.
Over Grand County Drones Are Bird Watching, Not People Watching - NPR for Colorado, April 2013
Mike Hutt and Jeff Sloan - USGS UAS Applications Podcast with sUAS News - www.suasnews.com/suas-news-podcast/, January 2013, .mp3
- Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS) in the USGS - Webex presentation - December 7, 2015.
- (GEC) Jeff Sloan spoke in a joint USGS/NOAA briefing at the 2015 Drone World Expo on Public and Private Partnerships for UAS Operations on November 18, 2015 in San Jose, California.
- (GEC) Jeff Sloan spoke to the University NAVSTAR Consortium (UNAVCO) Science Seminar on scientific research and applications using unmanned aircraft systems in the Department of the Interior, U.S. Geological Survey - October 2015.
- (GEC) Jeff Sloan spoke to students at the University of Texas - El Paso discussing the utilization of small unmanned aircraft systems for wildlife and natural resource applications - September 2015.
- (GEC) Jeff Sloan was a keynote speaker on the "Utilization of Small Unmanned Aircraft Systems for Wildlife and Natural Resource Applications" at the annual meeting of the Kentucky Chapter of the Wildlife Society held at Natural Bridges State Resort Park in Slade, KY on September 10-11, 2015.
- (GEC) Jeff Sloan, Mark Bauer, (HQ) Bruce Quirk, (FORT) Chris Holmquist-Johnson, Leanne Hanson co-hosted a Dept. of the Interior and Dept. of Energy Unmanned Aircraft Systems one day workshop at the 2015 Alaska UAS Interest Group in Fairbanks, Alaska - August 31, 2015.
- Second Annual UAS Commercialization Industry Conference Scientific Research and Applications - Using UAS in the Dept. of the Interior - USGS. Arlington, VA - June 23-25, 2015
- Unmanned Aircraft Systems Workshop. National UAS Project Office Scientific Research and Applications Overview. Reston, VA - May 19-21, 2015
- Symposium on Civil and Commercial UAS - USGS UAS Perspectives and Initiative. Washington DC - March 18-19, 2015