How to Start a UAS Capability at a USGS Center, Information Sheet, April 2017
National Unmanned Aircraft Systems Project Office, Information Sheet, March 2017
SCIENCE STUDIO: Unmanned Aircraft Systems (Drones), interview with (USGS) Jeff Sloan - KTEP NPR, November 2015
Mike Hutt - U.S. Geological Survey To Use Drones To Monitor Wildlife, Nevada Public Radio Interview, June 2013, .mp3
Over Grand County Drones Are Bird Watching, Not People Watching - NPR for Colorado, April 2013
Mike Hutt and Jeff Sloan - USGS UAS Applications Podcast with sUAS News - www.suasnews.com/suas-news-podcast/, January 2013, .mp3
- Project office staff participated in a 10-member panel developing a curriculum for UAS technician operator in 2-year community colleges, hosted by Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, Roanoke, VA, August 2016.
- USGS National UAS Project Office presentation given by Jeff Sloan as part of a USGS Public Lecture Series on UAS technology, Menlo Park, CA, August 2016.
- Jeff Sloan presented the potential of UAS data acquisitions for use in water conservation management to hydrologists in Pueblo, CO on August 10, 2016.
- Project office staff briefed the Department of Energy Legacy Management Office on the use of UAS for environmental monitoring and established an Interagecy Agreement for future work, May, 2016.
- Jeff Sloan briefed the Colorado Bar Association on May 17, 2016 in Denver, CO describing the current use and regulations associated with using UAS for commercial work and research in the national airspace.
- Jeff Sloan and John Fulton briefed the Upper Arkansas Water Conservation District on May 12, 2016 in Salida, CO for the potential use of UAS for potential data acquisitions for use in water conservation management.
- Jeff Sloan spoke on May 3, 2016 at the Annual Association of Unmanned Systems - XPonential Conference in New Orleans, LA on panel for the Application of Unmanned Systems to Wildlife Research and Management.
- Jeff Sloan and Joe Adams gave an Unmanned Aircraft System presentation for the USDA Emergency Programs Division Office of Homeland Security and Emergency Coordination in Washington D.C. on March 3, 2016 to illustrate the Department of the Interior UAS capabilities and possible application for USDA Emergency response efforts.
- Jeff Sloan and Joe Adams conducted a hands-on workshop of UAS Mission Planning and Data Processing at the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service and the National Park Service Geospatial Training Workshop in Shepherdstown, WV on March 1-2, 2016. The workshop stepped through the procedures for planning a UAS mission and post-processing the collected data.
- Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS) in the USGS - Webex presentation - December 7, 2015.
- Jeff Sloan spoke in a joint USGS/NOAA briefing at the 2015 Drone World Expo on Public and Private Partnerships for UAS Operations on November 18, 2015 in San Jose, California.
- Jeff Sloan spoke to the University NAVSTAR Consortium (UNAVCO) Science Seminar on scientific research and applications using unmanned aircraft systems in the Department of the Interior, U.S. Geological Survey - October 2015.
- Jeff Sloan spoke to students at the University of Texas - El Paso discussing the utilization of small unmanned aircraft systems for wildlife and natural resource applications - September 2015.
- Jeff Sloan was a keynote speaker on the "Utilization of Small Unmanned Aircraft Systems for Wildlife and Natural Resource Applications" at the annual meeting of the Kentucky Chapter of the Wildlife Society held at Natural Bridges State Resort Park in Slade, KY on September 10-11, 2015.
- Jeff Sloan, Mark Bauer, (HQ) Bruce Quirk, (FORT) Chris Holmquist-Johnson, Leanne Hanson co-hosted a Department of the Interior and Department of Energy Unmanned Aircraft Systems one day workshop at the 2015 Alaska UAS Interest Group in Fairbanks, Alaska - August 31, 2015.
- Second Annual UAS Commercialization Industry Conference Scientific Research and Applications - Using UAS in the Department of the Interior - USGS. Arlington, VA - June 23-25, 2015
- Unmanned Aircraft Systems Workshop. National UAS Project Office Scientific Research and Applications Overview. Reston, VA - May 19-21, 2015
- Symposium on Civil and Commercial UAS - USGS UAS Perspectives and Initiative. Washington DC - March 18-19, 2015
- USGS UAS Presentation 2014
- ASPRS Pecora 19 USGS National Unmanned Aircraft Systems Project Office and UAS for Disaster Prediction, Management, and Response - Panel Session, Denver, CO - November 17-20, 2014
- ASPRS UAS Technical Demonstration and Symposium, Reno, NV - October 21-22, 2014
- 2014 Tamarisk Coalition's Research and Management Conference. Grand Junction, CO - Feb. 18-19, 2014
- AUVSI's Unmanned Systems 2014. Orlando, FL - May 12-15, 2014
- U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service Geospatial Workshop. Shepherdstown, WV - June 16, 2014
- Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAV) in the Resources Industry Conference. Perth, Australia - June 23-27, 2014
- Applications of Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS) to Land and Natural Resource Management. Argonne National Laboratory, Chicago, IL - July 16-17, 2014
- AUVSI - Wings Over the Rockies, Denver, CO - May 30, 2013
- Denver University Colloquium USGS Geographic Remote Sensing and GIS - January 26, 2012
- DOI USGS Emerging Applications of UAS Technology Workshop, Boulder, CO - February 21-23, 2012
- Tactical Fire Remote Sensing Advisory Committee, Golden Age of Remote Sensing and Geospatial Information - March 19, 2012
- ASPRS - UAS Imaging Systems/Data Processing, National USGS UAS Project Office Technical Session - March 21, 2012
- Senate Appropriations Staff Briefing on the UAS Program at DOI - April 5, 2012
- National Park Service Remote Sensing Group, DOI UAS Overview - April 11, 2012
- Ohio UAS Conference, Applications of UAS Technology for Environmental,Resource Management & Disaster Response - April 17, 2012
- Evergreen Civil Air Patrol, Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS) Overview - April 23, 2012
- Mississippi State University, Unmanned Aerial Systems Symposium - May 12, 2012
- Roundtable Discussion on Unmanned Aerial Vehicles, United Stated Senator Mark Begich - May 29, 2012
- AUVSI Media Briefings, Las Vegas, NV, USGS UAS Mission Overview - August 6-10, 2012
- Alaska UAS Conference, sUAS in support of Department of the Interior Requirements - September 24-28, 2012
- AUVSI - UAS Beyond Defense and Security Panel - August 17, 2011
- National USGS UAS Project Office Lessons Learned and Opportunities - 2011